Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dishes

I have inherited my mom and grandma's love for dishes.  I have, but need more, Fiesta.  I registered for Fiesta for our wedding and chose a red and a purple color.  Over the years, different pieces have broken and for some reason, they stopped making the purple color.  I really would love to have several different colors.  I really like the mismatched look and it's just fun.  I really would like some of the peacock and ivory.  Maybe the lemongrass and sunflower, too.  OK, I just want it all!  :)



I have never bought any Christmas dishes because my grandma told me that someday her Nikko set will be passed down to me.  It's really a pretty set.


Brad and I were at Dillard's and their Christmas department is always so beautiful and fun to browse.  I don't let myself go there very often because I get ideas like this one in my head.  There was a set of dishes I had never seen before.  I fell in love!  Each piece has a different line from the poem 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  I'm not sure how many different pieces you'd have to get to be able to read the whole poem, but what a fun set of China to have! 


One last thing I'd love to have is some more Polish pottery.  I have a couple of serving dishes and a couple of coffee mugs, but I'd really love some dinner plates and cereal bowls.  They are just beautiful, and like Fiesta, you mix and match them.  





No comments:

Post a Comment