Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baby update

Last week I saw the high risk doctor again so she could check on my previa.  It's still present.  My placenta has moved a little, but not enough.  It also hasn't moved symmetrically, which has left more coverage on one side.  Also, I have some tissues, membranes, and a baby blood vessel that are still completely covering my cervix.  The doctor spent a lot of time measuring, looking, and watching blood movement.  She is concerned about separating, which would not be wonderful.  She wants me to be extremely careful in my everyday activities.  She doesn't want me doing anything strenuous, lifting anything or doing housework.  She says I don't have to lie in a bed, but she wants me to take it very easy.  Those are hard orders!  She also wants me to come back in 3 weeks for another check.  I hate to say it, because it's scary, but she mentioned hospitalization.  I took it to mean we'd discuss things in 3 weeks, Brad took it to mean going to the hospital in 3 weeks.  She just doesn't want any bleeding to start.

I saw my regular doctor today. She reassured me that baby girl is doing very well.  There is plenty of amniotic fluid, her heart is beating strong, she is very active, and according to measurements, she is in the 66% for babies her gestational age.  I'm so happy she is healthy!  My regular doctor is so nice, calming, and comforting.  She made me feel so at ease about everything and while she agrees that I need to take it easy and not lift or do anything strenuous, she seemed to think as long as I take things slower, it will help prevent any strain that could cause bleeding.  She said nothing about hospitalization (yay!) and says that things still may correct on their own before 37 weeks.  That gives me 12 weeks! Please pray that my body works for my baby!

We discussed the need for a c-section if nothing changes.  It really scares me and makes me anxious.  After two vaginal births, and getting to hold and have my baby immediately to nurse, it makes me nervous that I won't get to hold and nurse this baby as soon as I'd like.  I guess I need to make sure I have a good birth plan in place.  My doctor looked at the calendar and has scheduled my c-section for October 3.  It's a little strange knowing exactly when the baby's birthday will be!  But it is a pretty cool birthday- 10-3-13.  (10+3=13) I'm guessing 13 will be her lucky number! Of course, we can always cancel the surgery if my placenta, tissues, and membranes cooperate, which is what I'm praying for!

It's really funny to hear two different doctors talk about the same situation.  A friend of mine told me it's like good cop/bad cop!  Ha!  I can see now why people like to get second opinions.  My doctors didn't have different ideas on my situation, but my regular doctor sure did make me feel better about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment