Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cupcakes

I have had the most insane craving for cupcakes, especially at night.  Of course, we never have any and by the time I think about wanting one, it's too late to go to the store.  I got smart and bought a cake mix and frosting at the store.  The kids were so excited to help make cupcakes!

Alex's aunt is in culinary school, and she made him this little apron and chef hat combo.  Every time we bake or he helps me cook, he gets this out and puts it on.  It's so cute!






After they cooled, we frosted them with the BEST icing.  My best friend introduced it to me and it is amazing!  Cool Whip Frosting!  (in the freezer section with Cool Whip)


Then came the fun part-sprinkles!  Alex was very careful and decorated his and mine so nicely. Abby got a little excited and hers turned out very sugary, but very age appropriate! :)





They were really good and we each had 2.  Yum!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment