Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Christmas in July

My good friend Melina and I love Pinot's Palette, a paint and sip art studio.  They are all over the country and we are lucky enough to have 2 in Tulsa!  I have been to a few painting classes and had such a great time at all of them.  Brad teases me that we are going to have to move just so I can have a place to hang all the fabulous original art I bring home.  ha!

Melina and I had a bright idea to have another private party at Pinot's and do a Christmas in July theme.  We painted a winter picture, had an ornament exchange, and served Christmas colored food.  We had guacamole chips and salsa, chocolate covered pretzels, cheesecake filled strawberries, red and green veggies with dip, snowball cupcakes, and reindeer poop (Nutter Butter balls).  It was delicious!


Not everyone participated in the ornament exchange, but it was fun to come home with a new ornament.  In fact, I think I got the best one!  It has swirls on it, just like our painting, and it has the date.  I'm a sucker for ornaments with dates! Isn't it cute?!


We painted Winter Wonderland, which was in my top 3 choices of paintings.  It's fun, different, and I can't wait to hang it up for Christmas!  25 people showed up to paint and I think everyone had a great time.  Here are some shots from the evening.








I love how Melina thought outside the box and painted hers red instead of blue.  It really looks great!  And if you look closely, you might be able to spot a hidden Mickey Mouse in both of our paintings!  (Thanks to Mariah for that idea!)


Here is the final group shot after we were all done.


And finally, some other masterpieces.  Thanks so much to all who came and made this such a fun event!  We'll have to do it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment