Friday, September 20, 2013

35.1 weeks



I had 3 appointments this week!  Monday was with my regular OB and during the ultrasound she noticed my amniotic fluid looked a little on the low side but said things otherwise looked good.  When I went to the high risk doctor on Wednesday she confirmed that the fluid levels were low and that the umbilical cord was wrapped three times around the baby's neck.  I kind of panicked and luckily Brad was there to calm me down and be my voice of reason.  She looked and measured and said she'd like to see me back on Friday.  Brad assured me that if the doctor thought the baby was in danger, she would have sent me to the hospital instead of home for two days.  He always thinks so clearly!  

So I went back today and am happy to report that things have gotten better!  My fluid levels are at an 11 (whatever that means).  The doctor said that 20 is normal and that they get pretty concerned when levels are 5-7, so I'm good, even though it's on the lower end!  Also, the cord is now just kind of draped once around her neck!  She must be a ballerina and twirled enough to unwind it!  I'm in a much better mood today!  13 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment