Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Days of School

This is a very late post, but I still wanted to share with you.  The kids started and are having a wonderful time at school this year.  Alex is in Kindergarten and Abby is in preschool twice a week.  Both were so excited to start back and have loved every second.

Alex is at the brand new Bixby school, Bixby Northeast.  This school was built to accommodate the growing population on the North side of the river.  His school is relatively small compared to the other elementaries in the district.  There are about 3 sections of each grade, Pre-K through 6.  The other elementaries have about 6-8 sections of each grade.  I'm glad he is at a smaller school!  His teacher has been teaching Kindergarten for several years in Bixby and I am so impressed!  Although I've yet to meet her or see his school because of the bed rest, everything I've heard from Brad and my mom are very impressive to me as a former teacher.  Everything that is done is done so well.  It is so organized and planned out perfectly.  The principal seems to be so involved and I can just tell that she works well with her staff.  The materials that come home with Alex are above and beyond.

His teacher has really taught him so much in the short time he's been at school.  His vocabulary and the way he plays has changed and I can tell it's because of what he has been learning.  It's so cute!  He has family projects and fun activities to do at home then bring to school to share.  Alex is so happy to go to school each day!  He runs through the house singing, "I love school!"  It really warms my heart to hear him and see him so excited!

Abby is back at Faith United Methodist for preschool twice a week.  She is so happy to go and comes home in a great mood.  No crying at all this year!  She has two teachers, and again, Brad and my mom say they are both great.  I'm excited to meet her teachers, too!

Brad and my mom have been so wonderful about getting the kids to and from school each day.  Usually Brad takes them and my mom picks them up.  I am really looking forward to going to their schools, seeing their rooms, and meeting their teachers.  Soon enough!  The good thing is, I'll be able to take the new baby with us and the kids will get to show off their new baby sister!







No comments:

Post a Comment