Monday, September 30, 2013

The Fair

We bought Disney on Ice tickets back in June when they first went on sale.  Of course, we needed someone to use my ticket since I couldn't go.  Brad invited his dad to join them.  I'm so happy he was able to go and enjoy something with the kids that they were so excited about.  He has been coming home from Houston on the weekends so it worked out perfectly for him to be able to join Brad and the kids.  Brad said he had a wonderful time and he told me he really loved watching the kids have such a good time.

They made it to the show, and the kids came home full of excitement about seeing the princesses!  They weren't able to stay after the show and enjoy any food or rides because of the pouring rain so they came home. Jimmy ended up hanging out at the house for a few hours with the kids after the show, too. He seemed so happy!

The kids with Papa Jimmy.


The kids with sweet Lilian.





My dad called the next day and offered to take them back to the fair since it was a gorgeous day.  They were able to enjoy rides, food, some games, and the buildings.  I actually started to get a little worried because they were gone from 10:30-5:00!  They all had such a a great time!

I'm so glad my dad was able to go for a couple of reasons.  One, so he could spend some time with the kids.  Two, so he could do something fun for himself.  He has done nothing but care for my step mom for the past month.  She had back surgery the day after Labor Day and still isn't well.  They finally moved her from the hospital to a skilled nursing/rehabilitation center.  He spends all of his time there with her.  He needed a break to get away and hasn't been able to do that.  I'm so glad that he was able to go do something fun for more than just the hour he has taken to go home and feed his dogs or quickly mow his grass.

This has not really been the year for our family as far as health goes.  First with Brad's dad and his cancers, then with my pregnancy, and finally with my step mom's back.  We are all ready for some relief and I'm so happy that the two grandpas got to have some this weekend with the kids at the fair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment