Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spinach Chicken Tortellini

Tonight was one of those nights that I just threw together whatever I had on hand to make dinner. Surprisingly, it turned out great and the whole family liked it, which doesn't happen often!  (You moms of young kids know what I'm talking about!)  It was super easy and I didn't measure anything, so forgive me if my ingredient list is a bit vague.

Olive oil
1/4 yellow onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 chicken breasts, cubed
Italian seasoning
Italian diced tomatoes
Package of frozen spinach
Jar of favorite sauce (I used red sauce with garlic and onions)
Refrigerated Tortellini (I used green and white cheese filled tortellini)

1.  Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.  It smells so good!
2.  Add chicken and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.  (just eyeball it)
3.  Add jar of sauce and can of Italian diced tomatoes and simmer covered, or else your entire stove will have red splashes all over it!
4.  Squeeze water out of spinach and add it to red sauce while tortellini is boiling.
5.  Boil tortellini.
6.  Drain tortellini and serve with red sauce.

Delicious!  We ate ours with garlic bread.  I usually serve a salad with pasta, but didn't want to run to the store, so that's why I added spinach to the sauce.  Enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment