Tuesday, May 7, 2013

1/2 way to 3

Abby is 2 and a half now.  She is the funniest little thing!  I cannot believe the fun she and Alex have together.  She makes him laugh like I've never seen him laugh before.  It's awesome!  She knows all of her colors, can count to 11, sings the ABC song with help, recognizes about 6-8 letters and recognizes numbers 1-5.  Sometimes she can tell us what 8 is, too.  She is very verbal and is putting lots of words together.  Sometimes she'll say a 6 word sentence!  I'm so very proud of her!  She loves to work on puzzles and she's very good at pretend play.  Her tea sets and her baby dolls are her favorite right now. She is girly and loves to put on a tutu, high heels, and headbands.  What she isn't very good at is going potty!  She has no interest.  She'll go on the potty about once every 3 days.  Ho hum.  I guess she'll do it when she's ready.

She had her 2.5 year check up and measures 37 inches, which is in the 75% for girls her age, and weighs 27 pounds, which is in the 30% for girls her age.  The doctor said her weight curve has dropped the past two times, but is still within a normal range.  She looks good and has a cute pudgy tummy, so I'm not worried!

Since this is a new blog, here's some old news!  For her two year old party, she had a rainbow theme.  My friend Melina who owns The Crafty Squirrels, made her a cute rainbow shirt,  I found her bow at a craft show in Arkansas, and the cute legs are from BabyLegs.

I saw too many cute cakes on Pinterest and decided to try to make a rainbow cake for her party. It was surprisingly simple!  I just used a white cake mix, separated the batter into bowls, added coloring and then scooped the colors into the cake pans.  I didn't really do a specific order, as I wasn't concerned about it turning out perfect.  I just wanted a colorful cake!


Once it cooled, I cut the top layers off so they would stack, iced them, and decorated the top. You can see that once we cut it, it turned out very colorful and fun!  I'll probably do a camo one for Brad someday.

Decor was easy.  I made tissue paper pompoms, found a couple of cute hanging decorations at the store, found a rainbow striped table cloth, used colorful Joe's cups, and we had colorful food. Brad also grilled burgers and dogs.


My favorite food was the fruit tray.  It was easy, fun, and colorful.  The party favors were simple-just rainbow boxes, rainbow suckers, rainbow notepads and crayons.  And of course it isn't a Stanhope party without cake pops!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment