Friday, May 31, 2013

End of School

I thought the school year went quickly when I was in the classroom.  Now having both kids in school, it flies by even faster.  Alex had a fantastic year in Pre-K and Abby learned and grew so much in her twice a week preschool class.

Alex really amazed me.  He was the student I would talk to parents about at parent teacher conferences.  I can remember telling several parents how well behaved, well mannered, kind, etc. their child was in school.  They would look at me like I was talking about a different child and then tell me that they were not like that at home.  I found it hard to believe the child could be so different at home and school!  Well, Alex is that child!  He had nothing but compliments all year from his teachers.  He was on "green" everyday.  (Each color in the class represented a behavior, green being the best.)  While I am so proud of him for using his best behavior and manners at school, I wish he would bring some of that  back home with him!  Some days I think he uses up all his good behavior and listening at school.  But then I think, I'd rather him be good when he's away from me.  It's not that he's bad at home, he's just challenging sometimes!

Here is a first day of school and a last day of school picture of Alex.  He didn't change too much.


Abby grew so much at her school this year, too.  The first couple of weeks were hard.  She would cry as I would leave.  It broke my heart.  I felt like I was making the wrong decision to have her in school.  After all, wasn't I home to take care of my kids and actually be home with them?  I had some pretty guilty feelings about it.  But in the long run, I'm so glad I didn't pull her out.  She really benefited so much from being in preschool.  Her vocabulary grew, she learned to be more social with children her age, she got to experience things that I couldn't give her, she had to listen to another adult and learn to do things differently than I do things.  She loved her teacher, Miss Mandi.  Miss Mandi really loved Abby, too.  I really do think that Abby was her favorite.  :)

Here is a first day of school and last day of school picture of Abby.  Look how much she changed!


We asked Alex if he'd like to go out to eat to celebrate his last day of school.  He chose Incredible Pizza.  The kids had a ball!  (I was ready to go!)


No comments:

Post a Comment