Saturday, June 1, 2013

Italian Turkey Burgers

Need a healthier alternative to cheeseburgers?  I've been using this recipe for a couple of years and it is delicious!  I found it in a cookbook I have and it is a family favorite.  Everyone eats all of it each time it's made!  I didn't get a picture of it, but trust me, it's wonderful!  (kid and husband friendly)

Italian Turkey Burgers

1 pound ground turkey
1 box frozen spinach
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Provolone cheese
Buns

Squeeze all the water from the frozen spinach and add to a large mixing bowl.
Drain as much liquid as possible from diced tomatoes.  (I usually use a small strainer and a spoon to press out the liquid.) Add to the bowl.
Add the ground turkey and the seasonings to the bowl.
Mix well...your hands work great!
Form into patties.  I usually make 3 large and 3 small patties for my family.
Add a small amount of olive oil to a grill pan or skillet and cook the patties.  I've not tried it on the outside grill because I'm afraid they wouldn't stay together.  In the grill pan they do well.  Cook on each side until done.  I usually cook for about 7 minutes on each side just to make sure.
Put it on a bun and top with a slice of provolone.

These burgers are so moist and you don't need any condiments to make them taste better.  I served the burgers with corn on the cob this time, but any side will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment