Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bunco

My friend Amy and I started a bunco group almost 3 years ago.  We both invited some friends and we have had a wonderful time making new friendships and having a fun girls night!  We play once a month and each month a different girl hosts.  I really look forward to bunco every month!

This was my month to host.  Usually I host in October, but that's not going to work out this year because my due date is a week after we are supposed to play and with my other kids coming early, I didn't want to have to worry about hosting with a 1-2 week old baby should this baby come early, too!  One of the other girls was sweet and traded months with me so I didn't have to stress!

I wanted to serve cool food since it's June and hot!  I decided to go super simple and just do sandwiches.  I got some rolls and had turkey and ham, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and pickles.  I made a pasta salad straight from the box, Suddenly Salad by Betty Crocker.  I also made a fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, and honeydew.   I made the snickers apple salad I made for a BBQ a few weeks ago, and some very easy fudge that Brad saw a recipe for.  Seriously, easy!

1.5 bags of chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
optional nuts (I used about 2/3 C of pecans)

Throw it all in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth.  Pour in a foil lined 8x8 pan and chill until ready to serve.  I used a pizza cutter to cut into small squares.  Easy and too good!

Probably my favorite thing  I served was the punch. Click here for the recipe.  I put a bottle of vodka next to it and those that added it said it was super tasty!

Our bunco group is the best!  I'm so happy to be a part of it and get to hang out with such an amazing group of women each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment