Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Headbands and Bows

When Abby was little, I always tried to keep a headband or a bow on her so she would get used to having it on her head.  However, when she was about 9 months old, she started pulling them off her head.  She'd keep them on long enough for a picture, but then she was done.  Luckily, it didn't last more than a few months and she really likes wearing them.

I've had stuff to make her storage for headbands and bows for about a year now.  Not really sure why I didn't do it before now.  Today I remembered that I had the supplies and while she was napping I made her a place to keep them.

The headband holder is just an oatmeal container covered in fabric with a ribbon added at the top and bottom.  The ribbon doesn't look like it's very flat, but that's OK!


The second thing I made her was a bow holder.  I just took an old wooden picture frame, spray painted it, hot glued and stapled ribbon to the back, and added the bows.  I actually think I need to make her another one because not every bow was able to fit and there are a few you can't see because they are so overlapped.  I think it makes a cute decoration for her wall, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment