Thursday, June 27, 2013

DIY Disney Christmas Tree

I love Christmas time!  I love the decorations, the lights, the music, the cookies, the food, the family and  friends.  I love it all!  Every time we visit somewhere new, we buy an ornament for our Christmas tree.  I love the flood of memories that return while unwrapping each special ornament.

While we were at Disney World last year, I had so much fun trying to find ornaments for the tree.  Then again when we went on our Disney Cruise, it was fun to pick out ornaments.  I've kept the key cards from each vacation that have our name on them and am going to string them together with a ribbon to hang on the tree, too.

I have a skinny tree that I put in my entryway and it is just decorated with lights and cheap colored balls.  While it looks okay, I've decided to make that my Disney tree.  I'm so excited!!!  I'm going to hang all of our key cards and ornaments we bought while on both Disney trips last year.  But that is not nearly enough to make a Disney tree!  While browsing Pinterest, I came across a girl that made her own Disney ornaments.  Genius!  She bought the play sets at the Disney store like these.


I knew exactly what she was talking about since my kids have some that they play with.  They run about $10 a piece.  She added little eye hooks and threaded the ornament hook through, and voila!  instant tree ornaments with Disney favorites!  Each little set comes with about 6-10 figurines in them and for $10 it's a steal!  I can't wait to make my Disney tree!  Now to wait on on the FedEx guy to deliver my goodies so I can start my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment