Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Branson

The kids and I were invited to go to Branson.  A man I used to teach with, John, and his wife Sandy have a time share in Branson and invited us to go.  My mom was also invited.  We had never been and were so excited!  John and Sandy are the nicest couple and were so generous to share their cabin with us!

We left Sunday morning and on the way we stopped at Lambert's Cafe.  It was such a fun place!  Your drinks come in giant cups and they walk around with giant homemade rolls and throw them at you!  They also walk around with huge bowls of "pass arounds".  You use your roll of paper towels as a plate until your meal gets to you.  Their pass arounds included fried okra, macaroni and tomatoes, fried potatoes and onions, and black eyed peas.  Once you get your food, which is enough for about 3 people, they tell you that if you want seconds on anything to just ask, it's free!  I ordered fried chicken, which I NEVER eat, and it was delicious!  For my sides I ordered mashed potatoes and a cucumber salad.  I didn't finish anything!  I don't know how people can eat seconds!  It was so good and I can't wait to be able to go back with Brad!




After Lambert's, we headed the rest of the way to Branson.  We checked into the cutest cabin and decided to go to Silver Dollar City.  Because we got there late, they told us our tickets were good for the next day too!  Score!  I've never seen Alex pose like this, but thought it was hilarious!


We spent about two hours at SDC and it was really fun!  The next day we went back and spent ALL day there!  Kids had some yummy corn dogs, we saw a funny saloon show, and we rode several rides.  Alex even rode a roller coaster by himself!  He's getting so big...




A funny little thing about the saloon show...Abby kept calling the saloon girls "princesses".  Cracked me up!  No, honey, that's not Cinderella and Ariel's friend! Ha!

The next day we didn't have much time left before we had to leave to come home.  We went out to breakfast and then to the outlet mall.  There were so many shops I didn't get to go in because we had to hurry, but I did manage to get the kids some clothes and saved my husband money by not buying anything at the Coach store.  Saw some things I loved, but they were too similar to what I already have, so I passed.  My mom did get a super cute wristlet, though!

We weren't ready to leave, but needed to get back for Alex's basketball and my doctor's appointment.  We are so thankful that John and Sandy graciously shared part of their vacation with us and we can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment