Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

What a wonderful Mother's Day I was able to have this year!  I guess it really started on Friday. My grandparents from Arkansas came over to visit with everyone.  They always stay at my mom's but always stop at our house first before they head down to her house.  Alex and I were outside when they pulled in the driveway and Alex was really excited to see them.  He always has so much to tell them when they come over.  They came in and we got to visit for a while before Abby woke up from her nap, and then they stayed for a while longer.  I love when I can spend time with them!  After our visit, they headed down to my mom's for dinner.  The kids and I finished up a few things and they went to bed excited for Saturday.

On Saturday, Alex had a T-ball game.  He was so happy and excited that Papa and Grandma were coming to his game!  His team did well and Alex has improved so much since the last time they saw him play.


After the game, Brad had to go to work and my mom and I had plans to go paint at Pinot's Palette, a paint and sip studio.  Papa and Grandma stayed with the kids while mom and I went to paint. We have been before, and it's always so fun to go and pretend I'm artistic.  Ha!  They were offering 3 classes for Mother's Day and I thought it would be something fun and different to do.  I think our paintings turned out well!


After painting, we headed to mom's for dinner.  The kids were so good, but Abby was tired because she was too excited to play with Grandma while I was gone, so she didn't nap.  She did try to nap on Papa, but it didn't happen.



My mom is so helpful with my kids.  I couldn't do it without her support.  She helps me weekly while Brad is at work and is a such a good "Grammy" to my kids.  I wanted to find something for the kids to give her, so I found a project to make on Pinterest.  We painted a canvas yellow and then the kids added their hand prints.  The picture looks a little "shiny" but you get the idea.


Sunday, my family went to church.  It was the best message I've ever heard!  The current series is called Bless this Home.  We focus on a topic for 4 weeks and today's was about how to be a peacemaker, not a peacekeeper in our homes.  So wonderful!  One of the reasons we love LifeChurch is it is so easy to pay attention to, so easy to relate to, and so easy to understand.  It is spoken is such a way that lets you understand the scriptures and really relate them to your life.  We are so blessed to have found such an amazing place to worship.  Our kids love going and talk all week about going back to church.  It makes me so happy to attend a church our whole family loves and finds a good fit.

After church, we went to Carrabba's.  YUM!!!!  Italian is my favorite food!  After lunch, Brad said we had to go to the mall.  I was confused because he NEVER suggests going there!  He really despises that place.  Ha!  We walk in and says we are going to the Apple store.  I was really wondering what he could have up his sleeve because I didn't need anything!  He was so sweet and had ordered me the iPhone 5 to replace my 4.  I'm so excited!  I think what I am most excited about is having Siri!  I am in the car so much and get so many texts, that I can't respond very fast.  Now Siri can type it for me.  Yay!  He's always so thoughtful!

Of course, all I asked for was sweat-free cup with a straw to drink water from, and I got that, too. That would have been plenty!  My sweet kids both made gifts in their classes, and I'm going to have to start a new tote with all of these beautiful homemade gifts.  There is no way I could ever get rid of them! I am one blessed mama and wife, that's for sure.  xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment